The complementary webinar featured a roundtable discussion between Blayne Rush of Ambulatory Alliances, Curtis Bernstein of Altegra Health and Steven Goldstein of Sacks Tierney. The moderator of the program was Robert Kurtz of Kurtz Creative.
Topics discussed during the program include the following:
- Who is buying urgent care centers, such as urgent care management companies, and what they are looking for in an acquisition.
- If there are more or less buyers currently than in the past
- Whether multiples of earnings are going up or down.
- Regulatory and legal issues surrounding urgent care center transactions.
- Significant trends affecting partnerships with a hospital or other corporate buyer.
- What urgent care centers can do to increase the number of offers they receive from buyers and the value of those offers.
- How the corporate practice of medicine doctrine affects the structure of a sale of urgent care centers.
- How the Affordable Care Act affects urgent care centers.
- Trends in Valuating, Buying and Selling Urgent Care Centers
Ambulatory Alliances hosts regular urgent care and ASC business-related webinars.
Want to be informed of future programs?
About the Panelists
Blayne Rush is the president of Ambulatory Alliances (www.AmbulatoryAlliances.com) and is an SEC-registered and FINRA-licensed investment banker. He specializes in brokerage; strategic and turnaround consulting, private placements and syndications, and access to the capital markets and capital structuring consulting for surgery centers, urgent care centers, freestanding ERs and radiation oncology centers.
Curtis H. Bernstein, ASA, CPA/ABV, CVA, MBA, is managing director for Altegra Health (www.AltegraHealth.com). Mr. Bernstein specializes in providing valuation, transaction advisory, strategic and operational consulting services to clients. He has extensive experience working closely with hospital systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers and other healthcare providers.
Steven M. Goldstein is a shareholder with the law firm of Sacks Tierney PA (www.SacksTierney.com). Steve has been representing healthcare providers for over 25 years, with special emphasis on the business and transactional needs of physician practices and other providers, including surgery centers, sleep labs, urgent care centers, imaging centers and medical billing companies.